Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sleepwalking and Bad Dreams - Part 3

Well, my studies on this topic were brief, but very informative. I was surprised to find that these "parasomias" are common enough to describe in detail and to actually line up with the experiences of people I know.

I learned that there are different types of bad dreams (ie nightmares, night terrors, and..."terrifying hypnagogic hallucinations ") and that only night terrors may be accompanied by sleepwalking. I also learned that sleep deprivation and/or an irregular sleeping schedule tend to be the main reasons why people, especially adults, tend to suffer from these things.

I am glad that I studied this a little so that I can have a better understanding of what is involved, including ways for the people involved to protect themselves. If there's anything else anyone wants to know on this subject, feel free to do some studying on your own, or just ask and I will do my best to find the information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home