Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Meaning of Hell - Part 2

Well, I have very much neglected my study of the meaning of hell. It has been just over 5 months since I wrote here last. I had wanted to write what I had been learning about other things, but I did not want to write anything else until I had written more about this topic.

While I have still not done my own study on the meaning of hell, I was at a Bible Study on Monday night and the man speaking gave an explanation of the meaning of hell. This explanation makes the most sense to me out of anything I have previously heard.

It started while he was talking about the death and resurrection of Jesus. He mentioned that Jesus went to hell. This bothered someone in the group, so he explained that hell is not a place of flames with a devil holding a pitch fork, nor is it a place that is void of God (for God is omnipresent), but that hell is all of the "lesser" attributes of God (ie. His wrath, justice, anger, etc) all poured out on a person (people).

Jesus took all of this upon Himself for me, for us. How thankful am I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home